Pages

Monday, February 6, 2012

Which THEME?

This part took one hell of my time. (with the conceptualization and with the actual blogging it! haha)
I can still remember the days when couples just pick ramdom colors and then that's it - color motiff!
Today? Aside from the color motiff, you have THEME! for God's sake!
(Well, it's not actually mandatory. You can still pull-off that old-school habit. But wait - me? seriously? haha)
Blame it on my creative instinct, but I want my wedding to be different. I want 'personalized everything'!
So now which theme? Bring it on!

Ok. One thing's for sure - we have to have YELLOW! That's D's non-negotiable.

1. FAIRY TALE
photo grabbed from the internet
It is every girl's dream to be a princess (well i'm talking general here, lesbians dont count!). As a child, it was always my fantasy to walk down a very long aisle, in my ball-gown wedding dress, while looking at my prince charming who patiently waits for me at the altar. My then prince-charming is still faceless. Now, I have his face, and I want that dream to come true! Ball-gown wedding dress with matching tiara, flower girls dressed as cute little fairies, tables with pixie dust, enchanted forest for reception.. ahhh the works! I have it all painted in my mind.
But after months of lurking in wedding forums, I learned that a fairytale theme is NOT unique. Well, when I said it is every girl's dream, I meant to say I think it is and I'm not absolutely sure, I haven't realize that IT IS really everyone's dream. aww. So because I want it to reflect US personally, this is definitely out. :(

2. CHOCO BANANA
Since I found it hard to decide on what theme to choose, I decided to just match yellow with another color.
I mostly rely on 'something personal', so I chose Brown. Which eventually materialized into the Choco Banana thing.
Read more here - http://theyellowroadtrip.blogspot.com/2011/08/our-colors.html
The only problem was how to incorporate this theme to the reception? Bananas in Pajamas? eeehhh
The only useful thing I was able to come up were Choco Banana Split and Chocolate Fountain with banana dip. aww

3. SHABBY CHIC
photo grabbed from lissa-gloria
After hearing Dylan's podcast from w@w, I suddenly got curious. I was always a big fan of his flowers! They are so elegantly designed! So classy! And it has some unexplainable appeal to me. So I googled everything he said about his style - Southern California, Rustic Vintage, Shabby Chic, etc. Of the styles he mentioned, I was hooked with Shabby Chic! It's so cute! :D
I scrapped Chocolate Brown! I realized that color is so over-used in traditional Filipino weddings! It is always matched with yellow-gold! Well I have nothing against those who chose the color, I just want to be different. :)
So having Shabby Chic on my peg, I decided to pick Gray to complete my color pallette. It will definitely work with Yellow!

4. ROADTRIP
Of course, I relayed my plans to D. He was ok with the idea, but I didn't feel the eagerness he showed me when we still have the Choco-Banana theme. I tried to ignore it, I said it is just a typical's boy reaction.
But a post from w@w caught my attention, It was about a sister sharing her experience regarding their change of wedding theme, and how it changed his fiance's attitude towards the wedding. Hmmm, that was definitely a thought. What if D shared the same feelings? What if D doesn't really like the Shabby Chic theme, and he is just letting me have my way?
So right there and then, I thought of something we enjoy doing together, something that will catch his attention. So what else? Something related to his bike! Roadtrip? Yeah! As part of Club CB110, we travel a lot. One of their members' even gave us jackets with Roadtrip designs! Plus, we got close when we were on our China trip! Perfect!

Now the dilemma is how to make it different from Travel-theme. That is one hell of a well-used theme. Ours is not necessarily air-travel. I think we will concentrate on just road-travels. Concrete roads, Hi-ways, Road signs, Traffic Lights, Cars, Bikes, etc!
photos from the internet, collaged

As expected, It is an instant hit to D! :) But I'll stick with Yellow and Gray. Maybe - Butter Yellow, Canary Yellow and Concrete.
So gals and guys - our new theme: ROADTRIP! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...