Pages

Monday, February 6, 2012

The sign behind the monogram

We have a theme - and its ROADTRIP!
Now let's start with the DIYs! First on my list is the monogram.
I had a hard time explaining the idea of monogram to people. I just said: 'Alam mo ung parang Talattad-Reyes nuptial na nilalagay sa stage ng mga kasalan dati? parang ganun. parang logo ba. parang family crest.'. That's when they understood.
At first, I lack the motivation to put my creative juices to work. I just felt uninspired. So I ask my friends to help us make one. Some of them aided to our call, but I couldn't find the 'This is it' feeling to the artwork.
I started to get inspire when my MOH suggested we try using road signs for the monogram. I chanced looking at Sis Joy's The Monogram Hub for ideas. I found a roadtrip-inspired theme but it doesn't fit our personality. So I guess I have to do it myself from scratch.
My MOH and I agreed to use the yellow diamond sign. I was inspired by the designs she made for me.
artwork by joweyn
But my creative instinct said 'Don't stop pretty artists! We can make better designs! So we continued.
After that fresh kick of inspiration, my creative juices started working..
It is still a work in progress. But so far, I'm happy. So what do you think guys?

BTW, I finished this monogram right after Chinese New Year (so that's January 24). I posted it as my blog's banner shortly after that. On January 25, w@w facebook page changed its profile picture to something similar to my monogram. I was quite worried at first to be branded copycat. You know I have this great fear of Ms.Benz, I know I made her unhappy when I backed out of the Christmas Party last year. I apologetically informed her of my eye irritation, but I felt the coldness of her reply. Oh well, now that I said it, I would have to admit that maybe that is the reason why I was just lurking at w@w nowadays. I felt shy. But hey if not for my eye problem, I will surely come! I hope I can still attend future w@w events. aww. I need to make it up to Ms.Benz. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...