Pages

Friday, February 24, 2012

To clothe us as one...

This is one spot in the entourage where I had a hard time. This is also the one that I changed for like the nth time..

Because the Secondary Sponsors' post is traditionally appointed to couples in D's family. Like in her sister's wedding, their Kuya and her wife were candle sponsors, D and I were veil sponsors and Kuya Jubs's sister and her boyfriend were cord sponsors. So even if that is not usually practiced in my family, I felt it is just righteous to inherit that tradition. So naturally D's siblings and their spouses are in. So the last slot should be in my family.

The only person in my family that is married is my cousin Ate Jonna, but currently she is separated with his husband. So obviously, I can't get her. My other cousin Ram is currently in a rocky relationship with his girlfriend. I can't risk getting them if they are in an on-off relationship. I don't want to get their partners as part of entourage (even part of my wedding!) if they are not sure to be together in the future. That rule also applies to my friends. I'll discuss this in future post. I can't get JR and her partner also, for some financial reasons. Uhmm, since we are getting married in a tight budget we will not be paying for the entourage's clothing. We will be asking them to shoulder that expense. Ryan and Ditch then are also in an unknown relationship status.

The only person left is Rojulyn Garcia (or Rojie). We literally grew up together - She, her 2 big sisters and I. I first thought of getting my ate Jonna, but I'm getting her daughter as FG and for the reason I discussed earlier. Next is Ditch, but she is so boyish, I doubt if she'll wear a gown. haha Also, she and her bf are just newly together. Then there's Rojie, who is equally maarte as I am. And she is the thinnest! So she's the best bet! :D
this is her thinnest shot! :P
At first, I thought of partnering Rojie with Ryan. But Ryan's job takes him to different places in an unpredictable schedule. So Ryan is out. Then I also considered RJ, but I already got a lot from their family and none from Tita Hasmin's side. So I thought of Ranie. I admit, of all my male cousins, I like Ranie the most because he is so shy. He, not even once, asks for something from me. I have this attitude of annoyance when someone force me to give. My belief is that I will give when I have something to give, you don't need to ask me for it. He is also so down-to-earth. And he always obeys me when I ask for favor. But then, I thought of his capability to pay for his suits. Ranie is still in college, he obviously cannot pay for it. So I guess I'll have to shoulder it. But we have no money to spare! So my plan might fail.

Then an idea came up to me. Another problem that I was facing then is where to put Julius Victor Sesperes (or Jayvee or Jebs!) in my entourage. I thought of making him my Man of Honor, my Ring Bearer, even D's groomsman! And then I thought of why not partner Jebs with Rojie? Technically, he is not part of my family. But hypothetically he is! I consider him my brother (or sister! whatever!) from another mother! So that's it! I'm so genius! haha. So for some intro, Jebs is a friend since college. Would you believe I thought he is good-looking during our first day at college?! That was when he hasn't move yet (just when I saw his face), but when he raised his fingers to motion something to his seatmate - ay teh mas mapilantik pa saken! We were an instant hit. We have made it through all the things real friends encounter, and we conquered it! That's why I have to make room for him in my entourage list. Yes he is that important! :x
with his korean bangs! yay!
So I will just get Ranie and Rocky as offerors. They will still have roles in my wedding but they will not be obliged to buy new clothes for it. Yey!

2 comments:

  1. I know Rojie. She's my the best barkada nung 1st year high school po ako, wow small world :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh really? Magkapitbahay lang kami dati. Nagtransfer lang ako ng house when I got married :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...