Pages

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Hair Reborn

I was born with nice hair. But for some unknown reasons, my hair started to get unruly when I was in high school. Maybe its because of the over-exposure in the sun during my COCC and CAT days. So when did I start having my hair fixed? It was when my heart was broken. I was so hurt that I wanted revenge (not good!). My idea of revenge was to make "X" say sorry he left me. I put my spectacles away and replaced it with contact lenses. Then I had my hair relaxed. That was a refreshing change. For several times, I saw that look in his eyes. Or maybe that's what I thought I saw. haha! Since then, I was always a fan of relaxing. Then of rebonding (as soon as I'm earning my own money!)

I have my own stories of the nightmares during my quest to find the best rebonding salon-
1. One salon left my hair as stiff as our house broom.
2. The other salon, despite burning my scalp with iron, transformed my hair into nothing. As in nothing changed as soon as I washed it (FYI- to those who haven't tried rebonding. Do not get awed first by your hair right after the session. It will be beautiful of course. The true test comes right after you washed it after 3 days.)
3. Then I found F-Salon in Angono Market in 2008. It was then the best rebonded hair I had. Norman can iron hair well, maybe its the advantage of being a man. He's got more force. My only problem I had was that it gave me hair breakage. But it was tolerable.
4. After a year, because I wasn't fully satisfied with F Salon, I tried Salon de Poseur in Taytay. It was my first major hair nightmare. My tolerable hair breakage worsened and my hair was still wavy. Out of fear of losing more hair, I didn't come back.
5. After less than a year, I tried another salon just across the street where my previous salon was located. It was the then newly opened Japanese Straight salon. I was so excited about the good reviews of its other branches. My hair was done by two guys. It was nice when you look at it at the mirror. The next day I cried when I touched my hair. I felt something spiky on one side of my head. It was like touching the head of a semi-kalbo. I asked my friend to check it, and I thought right. She said that it was a bunch of little hair. My guess what that he put too much meds on that particular part and left it to burn.

Since then I was too afraid to have my hair fixed. But of course I want great hair for my wedding! Last year, a month before the wedding, I asked my HMUA if I should get a rebond. She said it's up to me. But the hair may not be obedient with the styling. She advised me to get color instead to tame my look. I regret that decision. Look at my hair at the wedding -
The styling was nice, my hair was not. Noticed the unrebonded hair on top? Argh

But geesh I felt so ugly not having my hair down! So after 1 year and 3 months, and after extensive seeking online reviews, I finally decided to have my hair fixed again. My natural hair has grown long enough. According to my research, the meds should be Loreal Xtenso. Apparently, this is the best one for damaged hair. And for the salon - There's this one salon in Pasig that everyone in Girltalk is talking about - Pals Salon. The best part is it's only a ride away from my home.

So last Saturday, I had my hair done by Louie. I arrived at 10am, just in time for my appointment. We started at 10:30am with this horrifying hair -
Scary eh?
I availed of their 1,999php Loreal Xtenso Package. But that was for rebond only. They offered me additional 400 for cellophane or 500 for Powerdose or 800 for both. I said I'll take both. So gullible of me! But before ironing my hair, Louie offered me another deal - plus 500 if I wanted volume rebonding. She said my hair is too short that it will tend to have flyways because of the rebond. But I only have 3000php with me (that's my strategy so I cannot spend more than my budget). So we agreed on just the 400 for the cellophane then 500 for the volume rebond. Although I've read that their volume rebond was just ironing the hair inwards and not really like the top salon volume rebond where you will be under the digiperm machine, I still went for it. By 4:30, I was done -
with my hairstylist - Louie
After
It was nice. No spiky spots! But again the true test comes after 3 days.

Then just this morning (the 4th day), I washed it already. Look at the outcome - 
It's FLAT!
My hair is still soft and still no spiky spot (That's good news!). But it's flat. So I just wasted 500 for the volume rebond. And I noticed that there is a wavy spot. Look here -

and WAVY!
My resolution: Tuck in under the ear! Yeah yeah I know it's not right. But I'll still do it anyways. I wanted natural looking hair.

I LIKE - 
1. The people in the salon - Louie, Joyce, RR, the one who washed my hair/ the mani/pedi girl (forgot to ask her name) and even Ate Rose were all nice. They are not the more chika type which I prefer. 
2. They're not even pushy of their products. Louie just offered me what they have and then that's it. 
3. They have WiFi
4. It's cheaper than the other top salons but the quality was the same. Or even better!

I DON'T LIKE - 
1. The volume rebond ek-ek thing. Not effective!

So far, it's the best rebond my hair has experienced. Will I come back? YES! So go ahead, you can take my word for it. Just not the volume rebond. And remember - to each his own. My hair may be hiyang to them, but not yours. But it's worth the try. :)


UPDATE:
I went back 5 days after to let them see my hair, they acknowledged the remaining waves. But they only gave me a hair treatment! No retouch! Ganun ba talaga? :|


8 comments:

  1. Hi ate! I think you're from Rizal, aren't you? Kasi yung namentioned mong salon up there, e natry ko na din. Para ngang pareho tayo ng hair e. Kaloka! Hassle no? Been thinking of having it digi perm nalang para di na ko mamomroblema pag tumubo yung new hair. Saan kaya maganda? Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenny! Yup I'm from Taytay, Rizal. Sa may muzon to be exact. You can get your hair permed in Beauty Brick in Makati. So far they have the best reviews online. Try Tony and Jackey too. Mejo pricey lang sila. Ever since my hair got damaged kasi I stayed away na from cheap salons.

    Anyway, unsolicited advise lang. Research research muna before having your hair permed. Mejo tedious kasi ang maintenance ng permed hair. It's not wash and wear like rebonded hair. You need to put some products then you have to squish and crunch (no combing!). Do your research first. Baka like me you'll realize na it's not for you also. But if matyaga ka, then go for it!

    Thanks for reading my post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ate Jenny, you should visit MARS salon in muntinlupa city. it is a drive but well worth it. I was reading alot of blogs online about salon nightmares before I went there. And a lot of girls are raving about that place and so I went. Excellent staff and knowledgeable about their work. I was very pleased sa gawa nila sa hair ko and my friends was also shocked na tinalo pa ang tonny and jackie na rebond.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eh after po iwash ng hair maganda pa rin po ba? Kase baka po bumalik rin po sa dati.
      Namimili po kasi ako kung mars hair salon or tony and jackey po.

      Delete
  4. Hi Yosh! Just want to know how your hair looks now. Im also planning of having my hair rebonded at Pals but im having second thoughts. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Andrea! I had another rebond since that March treatment. My hair gets long easily kasi so by end of September I have regrowth na. I went back to Pals since my experience with them was ok naman. I was handled this time by Marlyn because Louie is on Maternity Leave. It was a mistake to let a manicurista practice on your hair. Yes she is Pals' manicurista but they said she has experience doing rebonding. I'm not sure of it's because she new or because there's so many people that Saturday (both were nightmares btw), but she burnt my hair. As in nagputol-putol na naman ang hair ko te. So my advise to you, if its not Louie, run away.

    ReplyDelete

  6. Nice post lovely blog people will get attract to see this its really lovely blog.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I went to that salon same as urs in Guadalupe Makati branch. It was very disappointing!!! I have my hair rebonded with that Morocco treatment accdg to Aries, the hairdresser, that it's the best treatment for my hair if I wanted an oily, dry free look. Since my hair was colored a year ago medio dry xa. After 3days... Boom!! My hair was more drier, frizzy and wavy. I went back to salon and ask about why the result? He said, nirebond nya lng dw ung hangang shoulder length lng since it was the Virgin hair. In other words only half of my hair was actually rebonded the other half was not. What the heck!? If I knew it I wish I paid him half also of the price. I asked him if he can treat my hair? He answered, yes. But, there's additional payment for the treatment. Whoa!😱 Mas lalo aqng nawindang. Need ba talaga mgbayad sa treatment na cla nman ang mi gawa Kng bakit nasira lalo buhok mo?!

    Kaya savi q sa mga ofizm8 q na nagbalak sna mgpa rebond don.Just look at my hair then decide if u still want to go there.!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...