Pages

Monday, March 25, 2013

{SUPPLIER RATING} Wedding Shoes


SOLEMATES by THE BEAD LADY
CONTACT: Shop 54 Cubao Expo Gen. Romulo St. Cubao, Quezon City 
Email: angelisartbeads@gmail.com
Mobile: 0917-383-3717/ 

http://www.thebeadlady.info/contact-us.html
DAMAGE: P3500



I saved on gown so I can get a better shoes. Joke! haha! Of course, kuripot pa rin. But shempre I want my shoes to create impact. Most important criteria - I do not want those shining shimmering glittery shoes. I surely cannot walk in 4-inch stiletto heel. Learning to walk with confidence in heels will take forever to learn and I don't have the luxury of time. I am a certified doll-shoe lover! Sucks for me! 

Our first plan (which we changed 2 weeks before our wedding because a friend used the exact same concept) was for me to ride with D in his motorcycle. That's the reason why my gown was convertible. So hindi bagay ang girly shoes sa motor diba? So I thought of BOOTS! Of course what else can give justice to our roadtrip concept? 

Next step was for me to decide on the design. I surely cannot choose a flat ugg boots. That will make me smaller. I need height, but I do not want thin-heeled pointy toed boots. I was contemplating between thigh-high, knee-high or the very basic ankle high boots when I stumbled into this and I declared love - 

The wide platform heels, the Lady Gaga-like toe.. Ahh perfect! But I could not find it in any stores! This sulit.com ad was for size 9, I'm normal at size 6. waaa! I tried asking friends' help from London and SG but they can't find it! waaa again!

Barely a month before the wedding, I dragged D to the mall to look for ready made boots. Since he was also looking for his shoes, he let me take him from mall to mall. After countless malls, I finally gave up and just decided to have my shoes custom made. Here - 
Formerly Marikina Shoe Expo, Cubao Shoe Expo is the house for numerous locally made shoes. It has Janylin, Otto, Rusty Lopez, to name a few. We were on the verge of signing a contract with this House of Boots shop, but I found 6k too pricey for just a pair of shoes. I asked D if we can browse other shops first. Then I saw The Bead Lady. I've been to this shop before when I bought my polymer clays. Ahh that's my failed attempt to make my own cake topper. haha! Anyway, I was still captivated by its facade. Surely, nothing similar to its neighboor stalls - 
Photo grabbed from the internet

The view as you enter - 
Photo grabbed from The Bead Lady site
So how come The Bead Lady which specializes with Clay stuffs came into this post about shoes? They have a knee-high boots in display! Michelle (the girl in charge that day) told me that they can customize my boots for P3,500 only. What a sweet deal!

So fast-forward two weeks later, I got this - 


I was disheartened. They obviously wasn't able to copy my peg into which I specifically instructed 'I want the platform heels and the Lady Gaga-inspired toe'. There, I repeated it again. Anyway, their promise of soft leather was true. But I found the finishing poorly made. Even the rugby (or whatever they used to fasten thing up) was showing. The lace were nothing but ordinary. Sad! I instantly combed the mall again for replacement but came home empty-handed. And with our budget depleting, I decided to just use it.
Joann and I spicing things a bit
Now, you may wonder why I gave it a 2 instead of the obvious 1. During the wedding, everyone was so surprised and appreciative of the shoes (except me). It still created my desired impact. It still became an accessory to our Roadtrip Theme. So I guess it's not that bad after all.



LACOSTE WHITE CANVASS SNEAKERS
CONTACT: Lacoste Shop Megamall Atrium
DAMAGE: P5000



We also had a hard time looking for D's shoes. It's not that we cannot find a particular design. It's because he can't make up his mind on what he likes! haha! He kept on bugging me to decide for him since I always have a say on most things! haha! But I can't decide without his actual suit. So we put buying his shoes to the last minute. It's a little scary of course. What if we weren't able to find a shoes for him? But I always thought that guys shoes are a lot easier to spot than girls'. 

So, as I posted before, D and his men will wear something like this -

We instructed his men to wear white canvass shoes. But what about him? I said he can use either gray shoes or just copy the guy here and wear white also. But I was so against his taste when he was always showing me something like this -
It's great but I just don't think it will be good in his shining shimmering gray suit. If he gave me this, I might reconsider - 
But he didn't. So we made a decision to play it safe by just buying white shoes. He bought this - 


Yes that's Lacoste. And yes again, that's much pricier than my shoes. Haha!


These were our shoes at work. Did we give justice to it?


Shoes ko day!
Yosh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...