Pages

Monday, March 25, 2013

{SUPPLIER RATING} Wedding Cake

CAKE BY LALAINE REYES-ROSALES
CONTACT: 0917-871-5864 
DAMAGEP4,500 (Friend Rate)



I love cakes! That's why I'm studying baking. But I still do not want to splurge on wedding cakes. I knew for a fact that wedding cakes are usually just for decoration. But aside from the couple, this is also one of the most photographed details of the wedding. So as much as I want to be kuripot in choosing cakes, I still want that to be presentable. Our initial plan was to have real cakes instead of the usual cake tower - meaning we will get the usual bakeshop ready-made cakes (we were eyeing Conti's cakes!). After more research, I found out that what I was trying to achieve is actually called Satellite Cakes - A bunch of single tiered cakes arranged in platforms. Take a look at this - 
Satellite Cakes

I'm already imagining Mango Bravo, Turtle Pie and Mango Tart all lined-up in my cake table when one single question came up of my mind - Who will get the cake from Conti's? All of Conti's cakes need to be refrigerated! And given the time of our wedding, it should be picked-up from the store at around 2pm. But where in God's sake can we find someone to do that for us? Money was already crossed-out, we do not have extra money to pay someone to do that. We were then relying on friends, but dismissed the idea again because surely we want all our friends to be present in the church. So we scraped the Satellite Cake idea.

So research, research again. Of course, kailangan pa ba i-memorize to? I turned to W@W. And I saw a cake design that will equate our first choice. At shempre, galing na naman kay Pres.April. Her cake was just one layer cake with cupcakes. Take a look at this -
The Architecture-themed wedding cake of Manny and April
Next problem was where can we get someone to make a cake for us with our little budget. Coming from our first plan to just get Conti's cake, our budget was down to P5,000. Then we were back to customized cake again- problems, problems! D suggested to ask his choirmate Ate Mariz to make the cake for us. She was the one who made Maya's Christening Cake. But for some reasons, D said Ate Mariz cannot make it. But he found another friend to do it, this time, an officemate. He got the package for P4,500 only - with one layer cake, 30 cupcakes, cake stand, cake topper and free delivery. How neat is that? Take a look at our cute cake -
The whole lot
Our cake topper
I was quite worried about this cake because I haven't met Lalaine. I wasn't able to tell her what I like and what I expect. But it turned out good. There's a little room for improvement of course. Like I surely would prefer single color cupcake baking cups, more personalized roadtrip details on the cupcake frosting and a little more structured details on the cake topper's motorcycle. But geesh, given the budget we make her work into, it was all worth it! So I am in no position to ask for more.


All caked-up,
Yosh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...