Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Will you be?

This is the reason why I was that 'corny' girl who didn't want to join those inuman sessions or pig-out bonding!
I am so pre-occupied with my second DIY - my 'Will You be?' cards!

The actual designing of the cards took me more than a month, and yes this is my second design. My first was accepted by my very scrutinous QA, but D didn't show much appreciation. So I made another one, and he liked it! BTW, the Bestman and Groomsmen wordings were inspired by Sis Donna's WYB cards. So there.

Next move, printing. Since this is only a 'pa-arte' cards, my idea is to just print it in a normal paper, attach it to a colored board and have a simple envelope. But damn, D didn't approve! He wanted quality board. wow! So I told him, 'You want that? Go and have this printed'. E maparaan ang boylet ko. He asked his friends from their company's Marketing department for printing suppliers. They endorsed him to Best Print in Shaw. In fairness, they gave us a very reasonable price for a 4x5 colored card. Nice! So we have our cards.
(Pardon the picture quality, I took it using my celphone only)    
Next, envelopes! Actually, the cards can go by itself. But this time, it was me who insisted on having a crafty envelope. I was so inspired from checking Martha Stewart's DIY, and I so love the felt fabrics projects! So DIY envelopes for us.

It was really a labor of love. D doesn't really enjoy doing crafts, but look at what I made him do:
yellow watch while cutting yellow felt :D

Look at the first bowtie design: 
simple!
I made 4 of this (even distributed one of it) before D realized he wanted a different design for the bowtie! aww. He specifically illustrated what he wanted. So take 2:   

black on yellow! :D

the bowties upclose
DIY #2 done! Ready for delivery. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...