Pages

Friday, February 24, 2012

To guide us through whatever road...

I mentioned in my previous post (look down) about our criteria in choosing our ninongs and ninangs. We went anti-tradition! And i'm not regretting it! Yay!

D and I also agreed on getting just 5 pairs of sponsors. Since we are not after the gifts (but will be very glad to accept bonggacious gifts :P), we just trimmed our choices into just a few.

Obviously, first in our list is the one who became instrumental to our togetherness. He may not realized it but he brought us together. Who else but the one who sent us to China! Luis Pelo is our manager from our previous company. He is the one who gave so much trust for D and I, that much that among any other engineers in our department he chose us for the China training. Many people find him exagerately tough, including us, but I guess that's his way of handling those who he sees with potential. Give him some time and you'll see the soft side of him. That can be clearly seen with his close family ties. That's why we chose him to be our principal sponsor along with his wife. They are one of the couples we want to be like someday.

Of course there will always be Maloy Ardieta. He is the coolest lead one can ever have. He is that type who you will bang head with at work, but will also be your ally in a Dota playoff. Having been able to rub elbows with the higher management, he gives us heads-up if we are crossing lines. He will offer advices, not only professionally but even in our personal issues. If we are to get married during our Laguna days, and if we have the same criteria, Maloy will not make it to our list. You see, Maloy and his wife, had this time of separate lives. Maloy then had another GF. But some destiny interfered and brought them back in each others arms again. Now they are happily spending their lives in Iligan City with their two teenagers. Perfect example eh? And we knew our choice is right because even if we're not married yet, he already gave us advises on how to start and he gave us a very cool e-session! Nice one Ninong! I just hope we can meet our Ninang too. (too bad that they will celebrate their anniversary in SG the same date as our wedding)
Maloy, the first one to accept

Next is my Tito Arvin and Tita Winnie Garcia. Tito Arvin is my mother's sibling. They are the closest perfect couple to me. Even though they have hardships of their own, they never fail to help their families also. I admire my tita for coping up with his husband's extended family. And I so admire my tito for choosing tita even though she is not as educated as he is (my tito is a licensed architect and my tita just graduated highschool). They often clash, maybe because of the differences, but they proved that love can never be conquered by any reasons. So we chose them. At first I felt the hesitation in them when I told them about my plans of getting them as our Principal Sponsor. They are concerned with the age - they said they might be too young to be PS. But when I told them our beliefs, they agreed. Yey!
tita Winnie accepted alone since tito is in Dubai
And then there's Lee and Fe Valerio. They are D's childhood friend Peajay's parents. They are just a couple of houses away from D's house. And since D and PJ grew up together, he have known his couple eversince. That's why when I asked him who he wants to get as sponsor from his side, without second thought he said: 'sina tita Fe'. Tito Le is not in the country right now, I doubt if he'll come home for our wedding. But we can settle for just Tita Fe and a proxy. I'm sure we can still get that rightful marriage advise from them someday.

I let D choose our last sponsors. He picked Reego and Claude Soriano. If my memory serves me right, Ms.Claude is an HR manager in D's current work. Because their team is just beside the HR department, he established good relationship with the HR staff, including Ms.Claude. He was even invited in an event at their house. That's when he saw Sir Reego's big bikes collection. Ahhh knowing D who is a fool for those bikes, he drooled. He wants to be closer to them, maybe to borrow the bikes? haha.
Ms.Claude accepted our card!

So there, i will be updating these with pictures of acceptance so stay tuned. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...