Pages

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Hungry for TheHungerGames books

Don't get me wrong guys, JK Rowling's Harry Potter series is still my favorite. But it won't hurt to find competition right? Because definitely Twilight series will never level HP series (at least for me :P).

And so I watched the movie. Which surprisingly leveled to my taste. I din't really expect that I'd like the movie. The trailer sort of lacked selling factor to me. Only the trending tweets urged me to watch it. And hola! It was awesome! I specially liked Katniss and I'm saddened that she didn't end up with Gale. But D told me that it is just the first of the 3 installments. What?! So this is just like HP and Twilight then. And it came from a book series! wow! And so I concluded that maybe the reason why I liked the movie is that I haven't read the book yet. That is always the case for movies derived from a very successful book series - it will always be compared to what is written in the book.

Because I'm a laking national kid, I searched for the trilogy. They say 'Strike when the iron is hot' is not advisable in this case because surely the demand for the books will be sky-high. And true enough, the bookstore near our place said they sold all the books on the weekend when the movie was opened. So I searched and searched until I found a branch with stocks of it on the 3rd attempt.

I bought all the books! I realized I'll save a lot of money if I buy the whole boxed set than buying one after the other. Each book costs 345 pesos each, so that will sum up to 1035 pesos for the 3 books. But the boxed set costs only 995 pesos. I will save a whopping 40 pesos! hahaha. Well I can buy ice cream with that. :)

But wait there's more! Ironically it's on sale! 20% off on the books. wow! So from 995 pesos, I can have the books for only 796 pesos. Great deal! Well I said it's ironic because why would you put a very popular title on sale? I learned from my Economics class that as the demand goes up, price goes up (correct me if I'm wrong Prof!). The demand is surely up while the movie is still showing. Well the current supply for the books is a sure proof for the great demand. But the price is going down! Ironic right? The only reason I can think of is that maybe a new cover will be printed. You know that publishing company's strategy to put up movie tie-in covers? Maybe that's it! I saw some covers online that will prove it.
Movie tie-in cover

UK Adult covers

UK Adult Covers 2

Well, I still got the classic covers. I personally like the original state of the books. It gives an impression that I read the book before it came out of the cinemas. hehehe
* All photo credits are from Amazon.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...