Pages

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Power trip @ Power Peel Clinic

I was never a fan of group-buying sites, my friend Chelai is. Since she will be going to London for a year, she left us her vouchers.

Our first experience using it was a breeze, Diana Stalder has great costumer service, staff and facility.
But the case was completely different with Power Peel Clinic...

Chelai has 8 Power Peel Clinic's IPL vouchers. She was not sure how many were left when she gave it to us, so she instructed us to just go to the clinic and ask them since they should have a record of the vouchers.

So come saturday we drag our feet to Power Peel Clinic in Panay Avenue. I read it in some blogs that their clinic was not so good-looking. That is 100% true. What will you expect from a vanity clinic? Either a spa-like ambiance or pristine white walls, right? Then you are on for some disappointments. It is just a condo unit turned clinic in a very old building. But I kept my hopes high, their service is more important.

So we approached the front desk (i mean table), it took some time since the girl there was also manning the phone calls. She then asked us to fill up some papers (even the paper sucks! imagine public elementary school's exam paper). We again sat down and wait for our turn. BTW, we were actually on the waiting list. The girl said that their schedule is full on weekends but we can take our chance. Only two clients were there when we arrived, so where the hell are the scheduled clients? No wonder one girl blurted out 'wala naman kayo pasyente e' when the frontdesk girl asked her to don't be late next time. So going back, we were just getting comfortable to our seats when one attendant called:
Girl: Laurice?
Lara: ako po
Girl: (look up to lara first from head to toe, in her scrutinizing eyes) First time mo?
Lara: opo
Girl: (look at lara again from head to toe)
.. I wasn't able to catch what happened next because my attendant called me to the room already. Yes no scrutinizing head-to-toe look!

Then after the session, Lara and I shared experiences. I said I only had 6 shots per UA. Lara had 10 and 8 each. Very far from 22 or 35 shots we read in some blogs. She also asked me if i removed my clothes because she was just in her bra the whole session. Since I'm wearing sleeveless blouse inside, I just removed my cardigan. Towel coverups is not a fad at that clinic i guess.

About the remaining vouchers, the girl didn't have a record of the vouchers used. She said the Metrodeal personnel has it and he/she is not in the office until Monday. So she told me to leave the vouchers to her and they will just call me. Uncomfortable as I am to the setting, I just nodded.

The call came this morning. The Powerpeel girl told me that we only have 1 voucher. And since we used 2, we owe them 1 IPL session. I was stoned because we, including the voucher owner, expected 3 or 4. So I asked her to check on Chelai's records.

She called back a few hours later. She said my friend had 5 visits. So there! I said we still have 3 right? But she said I only have 1 left. I told her to give me the dates when my friend visited their clinic. She gave me: Jan 11 - 1, Jan 26 -2, Mar 6 - 2, Mar 8 - 1. So that makes it 6! I was trying to add it to her but she was insisting that maybe my friend gave the vouchers to another friend. I said I'm sure it's a no. And then I asked how come 2 vouchers were used on one session. She told me that my friend used it on UA, legs, and back (I have to confirm this one to Chelai). I asked her again: 'so anong ending nito?'. She said: 'pakisabi nga po kay mam rochel na ubos na po yung voucher nya, tapos may utang pa po kayo 1 IPL...' I stopped her. NO freaking way! I strongly believe that it was not my fault that they have a faulty record-keeping. I laid my cards in her desk. I asked her to check which vouchers were not used because my friend was not sure of the count. But they didn't have records! They will have to wait for a Metrodeal personnel to arrive at their clinic to check the vouchers. If right there and then she told me that I only have 1 voucher left, for sure Lara and I won't use a non-existing one right? (but we still strongly believe we have at least 3 left!). Then she asked: 'so hindi na po kayo pupunta dito?'. I answered: 'hindi na, e wala na pala ako gagamitin na voucher e...'. The line was cut. She dropped the phone. What the hell?! So rude!

After a few hours, she texted:
Pcnxa n po mdjo ngkaprob s line.callbk nlng aq later..pliz inform nlng ninyo ky ms rochell duco n gmit n ung 7voucher n bgay zaenyo tnx p0..powerpeel1

Do you think I bought that? With that rudeness, not-so-friendly esthetician, unorganized records, so-boring ambiance, not-so-comfortable procedure - Hell to the NO! Even if I have vouchers left, I will not go back to Power Peel Clinic. 
grabbed from Metrodeal
Disclaimer: This story was based on personal experience and has no intention to harm anyone.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this. I was considering getting their Metrodeal Fractional CO2 Laser Treatment promo because it's very cheap. I will just go somewhere else.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...