Pages

Friday, March 9, 2012

Wasted Passion? NO WAY!

I always adore great pictures. During the times when I don't have my own camera yet, I always look down at my cellphone pictures and think that if only I have a decent camera I can do my pictures much better.

So as a birthday gift for myself last 2010, I bought an entry level camera - a Canon 450D.
But did you already experience the feeling when after you got something, you'll suddenly feel the coldness? I can totally relate it to my feelings when I have a 'Crush' - I always feel kilig when I see my crush down the corridor or if I see him glance at me. But once he discovered my HD (hidden desire :P), my feelings will die na. That's what I felt for my camera. Suddenly, all its magic has gone. And it is such a waste - well a 33k waste at that!

Maybe because I haven't travelled a lot lately. It's true when they say that a great camera goes with a lot of travel. Well I do travel, but our travels are mostly on motorcycles, where it is very inconvenient to bring a lot of things - including a bulky DSLR! Another reason is that I feel intimidated everytime I'm with someone pro. I am more comfortable to shoot when the people around me have no photography experience. For less criticism I guess. :(

And so to rekindle my dying passion, I need to do something new for my camera.

I always wanted to get my camera cleaned. Mine is still covered with warranty, so it comes with free cleaning. But I still haven't find time to bring it to the service center. But I have to do it one of these days before the free service run out.

I thought of buying new lenses, but with the wedding preparations taking its peak, I cannot afford it right now. So I guess little accessories or little items will do. Right now the only added thing for my camera are the screen protector and the band to hold the lens cap with the body when not in used. I need something else..

An idea came up during our shoot with Maloy. He has this little pen he used for cleaning his camera lens. He said it is not good to clean the lens with cloth. And he told me that it is cheap also. The good ones will cost me around 400php. His lens pen costed him 200php. So I went out to look for it, I found mine in the ever dependable, home for all supplies, CDRKing for only a hundred pesos.

And ta-rannnn! My new Lens Pen!
the packaging
features
what it's like
the pen up close
for dusting the surfaces
I just hope it will jumpstart my passion again. And did I tell you I have a tripod already? My tito brought me one from Dubai for my birthday last year. I have to use it! waaaa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...