Pages

Monday, April 2, 2012

Pamamanhikan - CHECK!

Oh well. This was one thing I always dreaded. D's family meeting mine.
Why? Because I know for a fact that his and my family have conflicting personalities.
One noticeable thing is the volume of our voices. D's family speak in normal volume, sometimes in low volume. While my family always and will forever speak in full blast. D always complain on how I always shout even though we are just seated beside each other. But would you believe I have the softest voice in the family? :) So I was always afraid that his family might be overwhelmed by our loud voices and innate talkativeness.
Only secondary to that is that we live in a crowded neighboorhood with no parking space.

And also I have to talk my family out of inviting the whole compound. It has always been our custom to have the whole clan present during pamanhikan. But since D will only be joined by his mama and ate, I opposed the whole clan setup.
only 3 of them
The 'talk' was more of kwentuhan only as expected since most of the wedding details are already prepared. Actually, the pamamanhikan thing was just a formality. The topic was more on Ate's pregnancy. We will be seeing our first nephew in a month. Yey! :)

And more than the kwentuhan, the food was the center of everyone's attention! :)
brought by D's family
prepared by us
And now we can proceed with blessings from our parents. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...