Pages

Monday, April 15, 2013

{SUPPLIER RATING} Music

CORO DE SAN SEBASTIAN
DAMAGEFREE (Gift from Friends!)


Did you know that D was once a choir member? Trivia! Yes he sings well. That's the reason why we had a hard time finding singers! Because he had that 'singer din ako' standard. Anyhoo, he was once a member of Coro de San Sebastian of Pinagbuhatan, Pasig City (he's also a sacristan when he was younger!). He just stopped joining them when he worked in Laguna. Hmm actually there's more to that, but I won't talk about it anymore, just ask him, ok? So going back, when the thought of getting a choir arrived, I instantly told him to just get his former choirmates to sing for us but he first declined the idea because he wanted them to be just guests. But after some mathematics and the realization that we were really out of budget, he finally gathered the courage to ask the favor. He was very shy! Maybe because he haven't seen them in a while then all of sudden he'll just appear to ask for a favor. Sad, but we have no choice. 

Anyway, at first, we asked them to sing all the church songs. But I guess D's communication with them was not that established yet so he wasn't able to ask them to practice earlier. We were left with no choice but to ask our reception singers if they can sing my entrance song and the picture taking song.

Although that's what happened. I was still happy with how the music turned out. From outside the closed door, I heard my instrumental 'A Whole New World' played perfectly. I always thought it will be Akustik Jam who will play that, but it was Ate Mariz from Coro. Nice! Plus these trio did wonders -


During the mass, I can't help but look at them everytime they're singing. My angels have definitely fallen. 


AKUSTIK J.A.M
CONTACT: 0939-426-0891/0922-843-3297 c/o Anslee Alberto
DAMAGEFREE (Gift from Friends!) Their normal MM 2012 rate is P10,000


Music was one of the aspects of the wedding that I let D handle. That's because I'm tone deaf! haha! So he took charge of choosing music in everything music-related. With a little help from me (but of course!). I gave him a shortlist of the musicians I saw in w@w, but most of them did not pass his standards. He wanted something classical, something Manila Philharmonic-like. But I opposed! (so sino nga ulit ang masusunod?) Dunno. Maybe I'm just not a fan of that kind of music. I want lyrics! If that's the case, his sure bet will of course be Sitti Navarro. But as I told you HERE, we cannot afford her. It was only when he heard Lara's friends that he gave his YES. Read more about it HERE.

As for me, I did not have even a pinch of doubt with Akustik Jam. I knew them as Lara's friends before being the band so my full confidence was with them not just professionally but as my friends also. Although I haven't met all of them (except Anslee) before the 'audition', I felt like we've been friends forever already. FC lang ang peg!

But still may hiya pa rin. If you're reading from top, you'll see that we asked them to sing in the church also. I was so shy because our first arrangement was that they will only sing in the reception but we have them sing in the church also. And they're not Catholics! Dyahe! I just made arrangements to give them something for lunch because I asked them to come earlier. I hope it reached them.

Anyway, here were the singers posing at the very picturesque Enderun.

See the girl in the middle? She's Melissa. She's every guys center of attention in my wedding (after me of course!). 

And here are the instrument players in action - 

Believe me, they were the greatest! I wasn't able to 100% listen to them that day (I was busy shempre) but every time I remembered to listen they never fail me. When I saw Jawo sang with his eyes tantalizing to my audience, I understood where the questions (uy ano name nun?) came from. They were all charming (sige na nga pati si Anslee!). But of course aside from the good looks (plus factor lang to), their music was great also.

But of all of them, it was Archie (the lead  guitarist) who captured D and my musically inclined friends' approval. He was versatile daw and he carried the band well. So sya pala ang leader! :P My MOH, Joann, wasn't able to prepare her supposed-to-be song and dance number beforehand so he asked the band to play for her. She and Brenda sang How Deep Is Your Love. Not well prepared but the music carried it naman. My emcee, Ellen, also sang to kill time. You know what they played? Superbass! Wow!

Here's them on site -

And here's all of them after the party. Yes, they were the very last supplier to leave. So touching!

Life-saver. I can't thank them enough.


Loving Music,
Yosh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...