Pages

Friday, April 19, 2013

{SUPPLIER RATING} Hair and Make Up

LORYBELLE SANGUIR-BARRETTO
CONTACT: 0917-622 0823 
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hair-Makeup-by-Belle-Sanguir-Barretto/118672304830820?fref=ts
DAMAGEP10,000 for Bride, Groom, Plus 2 heads and Free Flower Girl, with Free Retouch before Reception (Bridal Fair Rate)



I'm really not comfortable about my ratings on this one. It's like getting your friend as a supplier then she somewhat 'disappointed' you. You will give all the reasons to put off the honest rating (you might even give her a perfect score just because you're friends pa malamang!). But I will not do that. I owe my w@w sisters honest reviews. But first let me clear some things - Belle and I are not close friends (FC lang ako!). But she is one of my fave suppliers which I consider my friend na rin after my wedding. Or so I think we're friends (that's coming from me ha? hehe). So this rating will purely be professional.

Here's the STORY to give you a background why I booked her. 

Next thing I know I was so busy na so the second trial happened like two weeks before the wedding na. During that time, all my hesitations about her vanished. I super liked her and her home (we had our trial makeup in her home in Meycauayan). Even my makeup was superb! I loved it! Look at the picture I grabbed from her FB below. Just excuse the color, not a very flattering light but it was very good in person. I was able to rampa it after and no itchiness happened! Very nice! 

These were taken using my phone - 



After that, our communication was all thru emails. But during the last minutes, the communication was between her and my coordinators na. So I'm really not sure who made a mistake on the schedule. It's because according to the schedule my coordinators and I agreed, my hair should be set at 8 in the morning. By 8:30, my coordinators and my photographers were there already (even my ento hmua) and I was not yet set. By around 8:45, I texted her and she said she was caught by traffic but will be in the hotel just before her call time which was 9 am. Uh-oh! I didn't bother finding who's at fault na because I don't want stress at that moment. Anyhoo, we started as soon as she arrived.

My hair was done by her hairstylist in parallel. This was the best pic I had of her.


So how was my hair? It was exactly how I wanted it to be - Braided ala Katniss Everdeen. But what I didn't want was the state of my hair. My hair had a bad case of rebond regrowth. In short, my sumpa were showing. Weeks before the wedding, I asked Belle if it's ok if I have my hair rebonded. I was worried kasi that the hair products might not cooperate with a newly rebonded hair. She advised me to get a hair color instead, so my facial features will soften. I obliged and that I regret. Maybe it was because of the lack of time that my hairstylist didn't iron the top of my hair where the regrowth was. So with the hair style I chose, it was showing. Look at this - 

Sorry about the quality of the picture. My hated part was right above the braid. But it was ok, at least I got what I wanted. Anyway, my makeup naman was very good. Look at these portrait - 

And Belle even helped in putting my veil on - 

The next picture was how my mom and my sister looked like. I liked how Belle made up my mom, simple yet elegant. I didn't like my sister's makeup though. I think the hairstylist (not Belle) used the wrong powder on her. Notice the white cast? It was visible in every pictures. She also put on nude lipstick on her. Really? She's just a kid! I asked my cousin to change it to pink. The picture below was the changed color na, imagine the nude. aww

The other head was supposed to be D's mom but some miscommunication happened along the way again that Mama had her makeup done by the ento's HMUA. I just had her substituted by my other cousin who was also my abay. 

I learned also from D when I was interviewing him for this review that Belle wasn't able to groom him. It was his sister who put on some powder on him. Maybe there really was no time left then.

BTW, I have free retouch before the reception. She changed my lippy from pink to red and put my braid down (the actual Katniss Everdeen hair!). I also liked that she cared about how we smelled. We travelled from church to reception ala MMFF thus the amoy araw smell. Haha! She sprayed some of her personal perfume on me. So sweet! Here's what I looked like minutes before the reception finished. So sweaty but still the makeup was intact.

If only we had more time. If only she had a different hairstylist. My rating would be 3. But nevertheless, I'm still her fan. It was still a lovely day with her.



NEIL GORGEOUS (Entourage HMUA)
CONTACT: 0999-804-3224
DAMAGEP600 per head




Honestly, my review here was not my first hand experience. I wasn't even able to meet him that day. Kuya Niel was my MOH's sister's friend. Haha such connections! We got him because of my MOH's testimonial of his talent. I let her take charge of this one since it's KKB and it's the cheapest we found. Anyway, Kuya Neil came with an assistant (not sure of the name) at around 7 in the morning just as I was taking my shower. Impressive! They were early for their 8 am call time. Since that time, they were able to finish 9 heads. Good time management!

Their makeup session happened in D's room so I have no idea of anything about them. Here's the best shot I have of them (or their things) -  

As for their output, just look at how beautiful my bridesmaids were - 



JONNA ROSE (Family HMUA)
DAMAGEFREE



Of course, it's PERFECT! Libre eh! And takot ko lang kay ate. :)

My Ate Jonna is not a professional HMUA but she's our go-to makeup artist in the family. So during my wedding, she was the one who did all the makeups of our family members.


Here she was in action on the day - 


And here's her creation. Makeup and Hair - 

If you noticed, the kids do not have eyebrow liners. My cousin is not a fan of putting those on kids. For her, it only makes kids look older. And I totally agree with her, thus, the very simple makeup. 

Everything in my wedding was simple naman! And I loved it! How about you?

That's all!


Currently had the urge to put on eyeliner because of this post,
Yosh


1 comment:

  1. Next thing I know I was so busy na so the second trial happened like two weeks before the wedding na. womens Bridal ring Sets

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...