Pages

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Bigger at Bigg's Diner

You'll definitely get your money's worth at Bigg's Diner. Since it was the only restaurant I enjoyed in our recent Bicol trip, I decided to blog about it separately.

This is one restaurant the blogs told me not to miss. So since we were in Naga, we made sure to try this before heading to Legazpi City. So in the morning of our second day of the tour, we visited one of the numerous branches of Bigg's Diner. This particular one is just across San Francisco Church -

The ambiance was so cool. It's so 50's. It reminded me of 50's Diner in Baguio and the restaurant I constructed in Restaurant City. hehe. There's a big picture of Audrey Hepburn in one of the walls, I just forgot to take a shot of it. Anyway, I was able to capture these -


But most especially, I came here for the food! D ordered Salisbury Steak. It was good but for me there's nothing special about it. The instant coffee though was good. Actually they will just give you hot water and 3 packets, each for coffee, sugar and cream. And all with personalized Bigg's packaging! Nice! For it's taste, I would say it's better than what an instant coffee usually tastes like. D said it more resembles the taste of brewed coffee. That for 37 pesos!

My food, on the other hand, was Bicol Special. It basically is just a breaded porkchop. The only reason why I ordered this was because of the Laing side dish. That was in my Food-To-Eat checklist. Given that I'm not a fan of porkchops, this one impressed me to bones. Even the laing did not disappoint! And if you'll notice on the picture below, my drinks was long gone before my order arrived. The hot chocolate was so good! Only a little pricey at 55 pesos per cup.

Our friend, Leo, ordered his favorite Cordon Bleu. I wasn't able to taste this one though but it sure looks yummy!

I forgot the exact amount of each of our food. But it will definitely not go beyond 200 pesos. Not bad!

I wonder why the owners of this food chain do not want to expand this to Manila. I was told that they have several offers to make it big like Mang Inasal but they have refused the opportunity. They only want the resto to be specific to Bicol Region. True enough, on our way to Legazpi, we saw a bunch of this goodness on the road. Anyhoo, since I cannot see this in Manila, we should have a picture together in the famous restaurant!

Make sure not to miss it when you're in Bicol :)


Got bigger at Bigg's,
Yosh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...