Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

#wrongtiming

This is not a wedding post. But somehow, there is a connection.

4 years in the IT industry and all I ever wanted was to be deployed onshore. It comes with condition of course. I want my deployment to be short but sweet. I am scared to be alone in a foreign land. aww. Thus, I want to be accompanied with a fellow Pinoy worker. So we can talk to each other everytime we feel homesick. Yay!

And then in a very unwelcome time, it came. And it came really really big. The deployment is set to be only for 11months and we will be deployed as a team. All my criteria were met. The client is so big, i mean really famous. Think - unlimited starbucks at the office, free iphone, free macbook, blah blah. The only downside they told us was that the working hours would probably be at least 60 hours per week. But still this is a very tempting opportunity.

Sadly, I have to decline. The travel period will coincide with my wedding. I cannot go home unless my leaves will be approved by the client (which is very unlikely) AND I will pay my own plane tickets for the vacation. So that's it. I cannot do it. Specially now that my wedding is almost prepared and we already spent a lot of money on non-refundable downpayments. And how the hell am I supposed to do it abroad? I can only imagine D doing everything. arghh. It's not that I do not trust him. It's just that I know he has so much in his own plate too.

So i guess I'll just live by Ms.Benz thought - If it is for me, I'll get it effortlessly.
Hopefully I can do it next year. I just wish the 'fruit' is still there. And looking at the bright side, next year I can bring along D as my dependent too.

Come on positive vibes :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...