Pages

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Debutante Atashi ^_^

Suddenly, I felt the urge to blog about how my 18th birthday went. Blame it on the Growing-up AVP I watched from a friend's wedding last weekend (will blog about this later).

So how did it go? It was simple yet very memorable. Why? Because I got to spend it with all the people I love and in exactly how I wanted it. Growing up, I was not into girly-thingy. I think I was even close to being 'boyish'. But i'm not lesbian, not even close. Gosh I'm so landi kaya. hahaha. So the thought of a debut party with me on ball gown with all the dancing really really scared me. Plus in the first place, we didn't have the money for that. So I thought of something that I can invite all my friends and everybody will enjoy also. During my sophomore year in college, what we really dug was swimming. And so we did it. 

Straight from school on November 8, 2002, some of my close college friends and I went to my home. We stayed on my grandparents' house. I was so shy to let them stay at our house just beside it because our house then was not pleasant to see. hehe. So we laid some blankets on my lola's sala and turned on the VCD (no DVD yet that time). We sang our hearts out until the clock struck 12am which meant it's November 9 and i'm 18! weeeee

Come morning, my folks cooked our baon. My friends helped me make egg sandwich. We first met our other classmates who wasn't able to join us overnight in Tanay and then we headed to San Lorenza Resort in Pillila, Rizal. We were suki in that resort. Most of our early college swimmings were there. Maybe because Shirley, one of my classmates, lived just nearby.

So there. It was a whole day of swimming, games, pigging out and more fun! fun! fun!
not-so-good quality ah
What touched me the most happened an hour before we departed. By around 4 in the afternoon, the rain started to pour. Some of my friends already climbed out of the pool and prepared to go home while a few continued swimming until 5pm. Jennifer started the slide-and-shout game. Amidst the rain, one by one they climbed to the top of the slide. And while sliding they were shouting my birthday greetings - Happy Birthday Ro-seeeeeeeeeee! So sweet! 

After sending my college friends home, I met up with my highschool friends for a little salo-salo at my house. Out of all the people I invited, only 3 made it - Melvin (my then boyfriend), Francis (my closest highschool male friend) and Sandie (one of my closest friends since gradeschool). 

I was a bit disappointed by this. But I just blamed the rain for it. Anyway, I still have a bunch of relatives who came and celebrated with me. With that, I realized my debut was still a blast sans princess-like party. And if will be given the chance to do it again, I will not change a thing. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...