Pages

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Gown Maker - CHECK!

If there's one thing in my wedding that I do not want to splurge on, it will be the gown.

I'm not really particular in wearing designer clothes. In fact, my everyday office wear were sourced either from cheap mall stores or in tiangge. I like tiangge clothes better because they have great range of rare vintage pieces. So going back, I said i will only wear that wedding gown once. But it will be in every pictures of my special day, so i still want it to be somehow unique.

With that thinking in mind, I spent more than a year in sourcing supplier for wedding gown and entourage gown. I shortlisted Boy Kastner Santos, Emil Ocampo, Ryan Sarangay, Ms. Magda, Jeff House of Fashion and some Divisoria dressmakers. Some of them didn't suit my budget so I have to let go. Until finally, the only choice I got was to look for a trusted divi supplier (i chose Vangie Suva that time) or Melanie Reyes from Grace Gown and Barongs.

Some months ago, I already talked to Mel and haggled the price. They were affordable compared to the price in the w@w market, but a bit steep compared to Divisoria prices. I was concerned with the distance from my home. You see we've had bad experiences in dealing with some dressmakers in Divi and they took a lot of time to return our altered dresses. I don't want that stress on my wedding. So that was my deciding factor. Mel's shop is just a few steps away from our house so no hassle on the location. With regards to her craft, Mel has proven it to us. My cousin Iya joined their school pageant wearing Mel's creations. Same with my god daugther Jayna. Well, Jayna wore too many of Mel's creations that even her sister knew our Jayna. Most of her works are made of satin and silk. I just hope she can also do wonders on chiffon and tulle.

gracegownandbarongs.multiply.com
So last Saturday, we finalized everything. So there! I have a new supplier - Melanie Anorma Reyes of Grace Gown and Barongs.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...