Pages

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

How do we ride if it's raining?

"If you don't ride in the rain, you don't ride at all"

That's what they say. I will usually agree if we're on an actual ride but if it's Metro riding and I'm going to the office. Hell NO! Actually, D has a car but ever since the aircon broke down, we seldom use it. It's extra hard to use it when it's raining because we cannot roll the window down. We can open it a little but then there's traffic jam that, for some reason, gets worse when it's raining. So our best bet is still riding Choco Banana.

So how do we ride if it's raining? Just the usual but with rain gears on. Here's my usual OOTD during rainy days:

My raincoat is a typical policeman-type raincoat. It was given to D by his friend Zer. It has good coverage from head to knees but prepare to get wet from there downwards. I'm wearing the Diesel helmet Kuya Winston sent D from London. I will not advise half-face helmet if its raining because the water will get in your mouth and it's yuck. Actually, I really do not advise wearing half-face helmet at all. It makes me feel vulnerable. I'm seeing images of my broken jaws after an accident. Not good! But I must admit it pretty much agrees with our Philippine hot weather.

D, by the way, wears a Givi full-suit rain gear. It's a two-pc suit - one like a pants and the other like a jacket. He said it's effective in keeping him dry. He also uses rain boots for the ocassion. Oh I remembered bugging him to buy me a pair of Pluey's rain boots which were insanely expensive. But they're too cute! I have to remind him again. hehe

And what's best to serve on a cold rainy night? Hot soup! So far, we've tried Champorado, Sopas and Lugaw. Yum!


Surprisingly loving the rain,
Yosh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...