Pages

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Another 20ish Chelai

June for me is so full of not weddings, but birthdays! I have several friends and relatives celebrating their day on the 'wedding month'. One of them is my good friend Chelai. Of course, we have to celebrate her 25th (mental note: ask Chelai if my math is right). We're usually 3 during meet-ups but Lara's onshore so it was only me and Chelai this year. Her birthday is actually today, June 25, but since she has other plans with other people also, we celebrated it last Saturday. It was better because we have more time to bond. 

We started the celebration with a very big lunch. When I say big, I mean like food good for 4, for only the 2 of us. Haha! Sorry! We got so excited with the Dampa idea. It was the one in Libis where you will buy seafood from the wet market then have it cooked the way you want it. We bought 2 large crabs which we have as Garlic Buttered Crabs. Then 1/4 kilos large shrimps cooked as Sinigang. Then we ordered a very big serving of Seafood Fried Rice. We managed to finish all the viands but we only halfed the rice.

After letting our food go down for a while, we walked all the way to Nuat Thai Libis for our Foot Massage. I was disappointed by a not-so-good Swedish Massage we got at their other branch in Pasig but we decided to try this branch mainly because of the good reviews I'm reading from other bloggers. Same as in Pasig, after getting our shoes and exchanging it with their slippers, they ushered us to their very cozy foot-washing area. They used a scrub soap which I think was better than just the regular liquid soap used in Pasig.  But like Pasig, I found the rooms too dark. The attendants literally has to guide us through the seats. Maybe a little candle light can do wonders. So anyway, they started on with our foot massage. Oh my G! That was very good! My attendant started with a quick hand massage, then carried on to do my feet, one at a time. She used not only her hands but also some bamboo like props. Amazing! Then she also massaged my legs. And upper legs! And just when I thought we were done, she asked me to sit on the foot stool then she gave me the best back massage I ever had! Mind-blowing! I wanted to cry when she said 'Mam tapos na po'. Back at the reception, they also gave us complimentary tea. I guess I'll be coming back to this branch more often.

This is my birthday message for Chelai this morning on FB:

Birthday ng isa sa mga mangilan-ngilan kong kaibigan na mas maganda saken! HAPPY 20ish BIRTHDAY Rochelle Anne Duco! Labyu dear! ♥

PS: To answer your question (for sure meron) - Yup she's single. But kailangan nyo muna pumasa saken, tapos kay Lara. PM at your own risk. :P

Oh BTW, as if it is also my birthday, I received these stuff from my friends Lara and Sheila from SG. They really knew me well to get what I wanted.


Loving sweets,
Yosh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...