Pages

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Wakwak

How would you react if someone hysterically woke you up early on a Saturday to say that your sister got into an accident? Then, you saw your sister dripping in blood, holding on to her open and very deep cut while crying out loud..

Some people will surely show mercy. I chose anger. Why? If it is the first time you see that, of course it's mind-blowing. But we've sang this tune before. Just a year ago, Chacha also got into an accident which left her with stitches on her legs. It was an accident alright, but an accident caused by hyper-activity which, in my opinion, can be avoided with proper actions. Oh yes she is a kid! And as kids they normally get into petty accidents, some with big ones like this. But this I will tell you - my sister is different! She is a walking disaster. Wounds are just normal in her skin. If I have the money to pay a shrink, for sure Cha will be diagnosed with ADHD. Cha even told me, and I quote - "Di ko kasi kaya di maglikot e". But it's alright, it already happened. I just made her promise to be careful next time because she has no healthcard to save us from all the hospital bills.
Cha's first stitches
Unfortunately, promises are really made to be broken. Just this Saturday, we again faced the same scenario. As I was angry, I didn't accompany them to the hospital. Oh BTW, Cha was brought to a private hospital on her first accident so the stitches were neatly done. They used some thread that melts - the one used in CS delivery. This time, since it's her repeat accident, she was brought to a government hospital. Actually, our pact was if she ever repeat her careless acts, I will not take her to a hospital anymore, we will just let her wound heal on its own. But of course, I just said that to scare her. Plus, the wound seriously needed stitching. Sadly, the accident happened on my Petsas de Peligros date - payday near but yet so far. So we have no choice but chose the public hospital.
paawa effect
But after seeing the stitches just last night, I regret that decision. I don't know if public hospital and poor service is proportional to each other but that was what I concluded when I saw the stitches. Unlike her first, this one looked like it was done by a gradeschool student learning how to sew on a Home Economics class. The skin  was not flat and the stitch really resembled an alupihan. The thread used was also the one which needs to be removed after a couple of days. I suddenly got scared of how it will look like when Chacha reached her teen years. Judge for yourself -
the wound uncovered
 So, do you agree with me that Chacha cannot wear her favorite pekpek shorts anymore?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...