Pages

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Entourage Exchange

When I was younger, I always dismiss the idea of me in a bridesmaid's dress. I was really not that into girly stuff and wearing a dress made me cringe. Plus no one really bothered to get me. Maybe they were terrorized by the idea that like what happened before, I will refuse to walk down the aisle and just wail to death at the door. Well, that was what I did during my ninang's wedding! The cute flower girl didn't throw the flowers! Sad! But of course I will be such a hypocrite to say that I did not picture myself wearing Cinderella gowns. It is every girl's dream, for God sake! But unlike all the other normal girls, I was not the slim type. So when my tito married in 2002, the 18-year old me refused yet again another entourage role. I was so afraid to show off my big flabby arms in that spaghetti-strap dress. I used all the excuses I can to get away. After that, no one tried to ask.

It was not until just a few years back that my views changed. Blame it on my new-found self-love. Now I want to be the bridesmaid! I want to use the line - Always the bridesmaid, never the bride! Ohh scratch that. I want to be the bridesmaid before I myself become the bride. I can settle for bridesmaid because, as I already mentioned before, some incident happened which trashed the promise me and my ex-BFF made to each other. Obviously, she is not my MOH and I will never be hers. Anyway, it was D's sister that gave way to my dreams. But as veil sponsor. Well it was good than nothing. In fact, it was a promotion. I've got to do something instead of just making pacute in the pews. haha
But hey miracles do happen! Just 6 months before my wedding, my childhood friend, my bridesmaid, Pac (short for Mapacpac which is Lorie's lastname) gave me the news that she and Lloyd will get married. In October! 2 months before mine! This couple really knew how to surprise me. Some background for you - Lloyd, Pac and I were classmates in grade school. Pac and I went to the same highschool, but Lloyd didn't. We have no communications since then although we all went to PUP. It was when I was working in Accenture that I met Lloyd again in an elevator at the office. He told me that Pac was also in Accenture. I was in IT, both of them were in BPO. To make the long story short, we exchanged emails. The bond between us three rekindled. We even planned a series of Elementary reunions together. But I became so busy with work afterwards, that I started to bail out of our regular gimiks. Also, I was trying to get them together. Cupid mode on! After some time, my plans succeeded and I made a new couple. yey!

Along with the news of their incoming nuptials, Pac also asked me to be her Maid of Honor. Wow this is it! The realization of my dreams! I was really not expecting that because she has a younger sister. But she told me that it should be me because I was the one who put the together. Wow!
the couple with my gown sketch

The Maid of Honor of my Bridesmaid,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...