Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

the kikay burkada!

I have been a silent rusher for as long as I can remember. Literally, I grew up listening to Chico and Delamar's morning chikahan.
When I knew that D also likes them, I went oohhh we're super kaduper bagay talaga (chico's kolehiyala tone hehehe).

Unlike the other rushers, I like the idea of having Gino on the Morning Rush. It put a different perspective to the conversation.
Chico and Del almost have the same views on things (well most of the times hehe). So a contrasting POV of Gino is such a refreshment. It added spice to a could-be-boring 13 years morning rush routine.
So there I've said too much. :)

So because D and I are such fans of them, I thought that It would be great to have them as our wedding hosts.
Mid last year I asked for Chico and Del's hosting rates in w@w.
Miles answered 10,000php each. Wow, I can't afford that. So I dropped it.
This year this topic came up again. I told them the last rate I knew.
But I still tweeted Chico and Del for the current rates.
Chico graciously tweeted back with their email address for inquiry:
@yoshyin hi email us at rxchicogarcia@yahoo.com and delamar_a@yahoo.com thanks!
After the kilig feeling (Chico tweeted me!), I emailed my inquiry.
Del replied 4 days later:
Hi! Our rates are 15k each for weddings. We just raised our rates this year. 
Im not sure about gino's rates. I'll ask him when he gets back. 
Oh my! That is more expensive. Since I cannot afford the 10k each, I obviously cannot afford the more expensive rates.
So after sharing it to my w@w sisters, I finally let it go.
So what's the reason of this post?
Well this morning I tried sending my greet to Delamar's twitter and she read it on air!:
@delamarRX931 hi del! Pls greet my poging-poging bf darwin talattad. Tell him magpapayat na kami, laging nadedelay e. hehe

Also sent a song request to Gino, but I guess his playlist was already full (or maybe not! wasn't able to finish the program, will dl the podcast). But he read my comment when he played 4 Seasons of Loneliness by Boyz2men:
@ginoboi this boyz2men song really gets into me. Twitting while taking shower - it's like crying in the rain. aww
This caught Gino's attention and became a topic of their conversation. Chico was even put into the spotlight because of it. Yay! :D

That's the reason. I'm just so happy to finally be a rusher - without the silent!
I'll try to contribute to the top ten next time. :)

BTW, I soooo lurveee this kikay burkada pic:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...