Pages

Monday, January 16, 2012

AnneBisyosa, SocHap, MyDiamond, SMX, and all!

I told you about my desire to not have D join me on bridal fairs remember?
Well he willingly obliged :) But this time I forced him to come because I am planning to book a bunch of suppliers.

First stop (well not literally stop cause we were moving hehe):Take picture first of Anne Curtis' No Other Concert billboard at C5!
We are big fans!
not related to wedding preps, i just want to take picture ahahaha

Next stop: Pergola to meet Kim Valdez
We dropped by the Pergola to see Kim at work and also to finally settle our OTD with them (I won Kim's hosting from w@w, so I want to get her OTD for better coordination).
She walked us through the process of how they work, let us meet some of the suppliers' at the area that time, and explained the Eugene issue, among many things.
I like her. D too. So we got Social Happenings for our OTD.
But because she is in the middle of an event (the owner of PrincessWeds' wedding!), she wasn't able to give me my contract. We just settled on setting a meeting sometime at the end of the month.

Next stop: SMX- Accenture Party
No! We are not attending their party. We just passed through the event at the ground floor of SMX.
Being an Accenture Alumni, I didn't let the event pass without posing for a picture. :)
arte lang!
Before going inside the bridal fair, we saw Sound Salad singing at the stage.
I think D is not impressed because he's got no reaction.
against the light eh
SMX booth hopping! (No pictures here, most booths didn't allow)
We browsed for cakes - Kim suggested we consider having small cakes than the layered ones.
Well she definitely has a point. Most 3-tiered cakes only have the bottom layer as edible, you surely won't destroy the cake at the venue just to eat it.
The usual scenario is that the couple take home the cake and eat that for weeks! Such a waste!
If we get cupcakes or edible cakes, we can serve it as dessert to our guests.
Cupcakes are surely not an option for us because ot its high price.
We decided to get normal cake sizes (a lady from the fair told us that it is called satellite cake. ohhh).
But no one from the fair offered that type of cakes, mostly it's customized.
So we just tasted the free cake slices. I need to research on cakes more!

Next, we inquired at the Manila Philharmonic Orchestra booth.
Sadly, they didn't offer bridal fair rates. According to the lady manning the booth, MPO is too good to have discounted rates.
Their musicians are not students, they are really professionals.
So there. Since there will be no price difference, we can think more.

Then, the wedding rings!
This was the part where we argued. D didn't want diamonds on his ring, I, being a girl, wanted diamonds!
I said I find it sweet if a couple has identical wedding rings. After a few minutes of not talking to each other, he finally understood. (hehehehe)
I just made a compromise and allowed him to have his diamonds' half the size of mine.
We tried several booths but trimmed our choices to two suppliers - MyDiamond and Goldenhills.
Goldenhills offered the most pocket-friendly lay-away plan. But the quality didn't pass D's standards.
D, btw, wants certificate for the diamonds (brand-conscious since birth :P). So my first plan to buy the rings at Binondo or in Bulacan will not work.
So going back, Goldenhills' rate is definitely cheaper than MyDiamond, the warranty also is better (lifetime eh).
But D wanted MyDiamond. He said he wanted to invest on rings since we will be wearing it for a long time.
But I believe he favored MyDiamond because he got my engagement ring from them hahaha!
MyDiamond gave us a whopping 35% discount which we can lay-away for 3 months.
By April 15, we have our rings already! :)

So that concludes our busy Sunday. So far, so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...