Pages

Friday, January 13, 2012

BEFORE or AFTER?

Two scenarios I noticed on weddings I attended:

1. Food is served AFTER the reception program
PROs:
- People will stay and watch the program, meaning the couple's hardship in wedding preparation will be noticed. (?)
CONs:
- People will remember that they got hungry on your wedding.
- No one will watch your program wholeheartedly because they are always looking at the buffet table. (unless of course they love you that much, but again their stomach may betray them!)

2. Food is served BEFORE the reception program
PROs:
- Everybody happy! (if the food is great! we still have to consider that.)
- They can listen intently now.
CONs:
- People may tend to go home early because they already ate. (most people think they came for the food aww!) - which means only those close to you can watch that dance number you prepared. gosh :(

I personally like to have people stay throughout the whole program. But of course no one wants to make people remember that they got hungry on your wedding.
Other couple resort to have pica-pica first to satisfy their guests' hunger. But most of the weddings I attended only provided a couple of pica-pica plates, which IMO is not suffice to feed 10 people on a table.
I understand their concerns about budget, I have that also.
So what now?
photo grabbed from sitepoint.com
My idea is to serve something that will make them full already - like doughnuts and coffee?
How about Starbucks coffee booth and Krispy Kreme doughnuts? wow rich! haha
I'll get SB's rates, a sister from w@w opened that topic.
But coffee in the afternoon? Isn't that a bit weird? hmmm
Lemonade maybe?
For pica-pica - I bet Krispy Kreme is expensive. Dunkin Donuts?
How about siopao? That's D's fave! And nakakabusog for sure!

This will surely cost me much. What do you think guys?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...