Pages

Friday, April 1, 2016

Bad week

If you have read my last post, you probably are expecting stories of our holy week escapades in this post. I was supposed to. But 'things' happened and I got too lonely to blog about happy things. It seemed like God tested my faith this week.

At the start of the week, I was welcomed by a bad news at work. I am to lose some and regain things I thought I was able to finally get rid before. What's even worse was that I was informed that everything will happen in a span of a week. But since I promised myself not to write anything work related anymore I won't dwell on the details. 

Health-wise, this week was hell. My throat acted up again. Maybe I should really obliged by my doctor's order to have my tonsils removed. What do you think guys?

Then, there's this happy-sad announcement. I felt genuinely happy for the recipient of the good news but at the same time I was sad that again I was left behind. You know how 'comparing yourself to others' suck. I know but I still can't help it.

It was Thursday when Courageous Caitie was taken by the Lord. If you haven't heard her story yet, she was that three year old girl who went through a lot because the doctors cannot figure out what's wrong with her. It was only after a few months and a lot of tests done that she was finally diagnosed with a rare type of leukemia. I was deeply affected by her story because her parents were from the wedding industry and her mother is one of the women I look up to in our NewlyWeds@Work group. I do not know them personally and I am not even a mother yet to relate to the pain, but the moment I saw the picture of Jayjay Lucas hugging her lifeless child, my whole being was shaken. I cried for the people I do not know - for Caitie, she fought a good battle but still lost. - for her parents, it is already a challenge to get over the pain of losing someone, but the thought that after all these they still have bills to pay. Oh Lord, please help them.

Next week is still a mystery for me. My life is about to repoint to somewhere I'm scared to go. Right now, I am convincing myself that change is good. The Lord will be with me. I will not be alone. Can you guys pray for me?


But before all that, it's the weekend. Let's try to enjoy!


Scared but excited,
Yosh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...