Pages

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Revisiting Nagsasa

Los Tambayeros is resurfacing! But before you think of another break-away group or conspiracy plot, let me tell you that no history is repeating so don't fret! We are perfectly happy with how Club CB110 is managed nowadays. It's just that we missed the old group - the old friendship. I, personally, prefer to ride with just this group. Admit it, it's very hard to ride with 50 motorcycles to consider. So anyway, this reunion ride happened just last mothers' day/election weekend (May 11-12). Initial headcount was 17, but only 9 came. No worries, we still pushed through. 

The group left Amberland Plaza at past 2 in the morning - 5 motorcycles and 1 cage. We reached San Antonio at 5:30, the riders arrived 30 minutes after. They were fast! After buying all the food in the market, we went straight to Pundaquit to meet Kuya Ed. He was also the one we hired in my first Nagsasa trip. He led us into 2 boats. Since we were girls, Jen and I was given the privilege to ride the one with roofing. These guys were not so lucky - 
But they seemed to be enjoying the morning sun
I've only been to the left camp side of Nagsasa so I led the group there. Apparently, there were more camp sites on the other side of the island. They said the bathrooms are better but I found it too crowded. The first things we did was pitch our tents and prepare our lunch. And with just an hour of being in the island, they started this - 

After lunch, everyone chose to rest since the sun was shining angrily. Good thing our two mountaineer friends brought their hammocks -

After restoring our strengths, we hopped into the beach!
My husband with his trademark pose
 

We also tested our newly-returned underwater camera. We named it Blue-no since our gray cam was replaced with a blue one. It seemed to be working fine now -

We loved the rock formations on our side of the island. I noticed the campers from the other side were also amazed that they crossed camps. Look who enjoyed it most, our resident teacher!
Teacher Chad!
By 6pm, we already washed off the salty sea water on our bodies and cooked our dinner. Pafi Drekz brought out his camera to take long exposure shots. I, on the other hand, was happy with just this shot -
Look for the old man

After dinner came the inuman session! Dunno why but my stomach can't take beers anymore. I was only able to finish half of the 500ml bottle, the rest I gave to D. BTW, I love the artsy shots Leo did to the Red Horse bottle -
Flashlight fun!
I woke up early the next morning. Blame it on the loud monsters I'm sleeping with. Aww such headaches. Anyway, we hit the beach again after a bountiful breakfast. Look at what I found under the water - 
Beef noodles?
Two years ago, we haven't seen a single garbage in the island. Now there's a lot of that in the area. I was dreading the years to come. Anyway, D and I was curious of the other campsites so we crossed the sandbar. We were greeted by more garbage. The other side seemed to be dirtier.

Most of the packaged tours were camping there. So I guess the left side of the island where we stayed were for DIY backpackers.

Now, let me bore you with our couple shots -



Photo by Leo
And group shots -



Here's my favorite landian shots -



By around 9am, we were already preparing to leave. They chose to bathe together since there were only two bathrooms - 

We rode Leo's car again and the riders' their motorcycles. I reached our home by 7pm. D arrived an hour after. They were really fast! Here's his stats -

Nagsasa was definitely better years back but it is still worth to come back. I just hope it won't get worse.

Next - I want Calaguas!


Tell me about your trip too,
Yosh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...