Pages

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Hay Majayjay

One thing I asked D during our wedding preps was to refrain from joining his group's ride. Why?
1. We need to save money. I know expenses during rides are minimal. A motorcycle's fuel tank can be full for more or less P500. His rider friends are usually cowboy guys so they can eat even the cheapest food. But still, every centavo we can save is crucial.
2. We have to follow orders. Our elders wanted us to stay away from long rides because of the pamahiin that soon-to-wed couples are prone to accidents.
3. D needs to get less dark. Oohh I know I can't make D whiter in just a few months but at least I can make his complexion even by avoiding sun exposure. hehehe

So going back, my last ride was in July 2012. Technically, it's not a ride because we just strolled around Bohol in a motorcycle. Given that reasoning, my last ride will then be our North Loop Ride last Holy Week 2012. D's last ride was his Bagac, Bataan Ride with Team LS2 last September 2012. Right after the wedding, I felt his itch to ride his motorcycle again. But our finances blocked him. Yes, all that expenses on buying furnitures, deposits for the house, and paying debts. But a rider is bound to ride no matter what. And as a supportive wife, I have to let him ride. Of course with me! hahaha

So last Sunday (February 17), Choco Banana went back to track! We were Majayjay Falls-bound! 

The group (Club CB110) left Shell J.Vargas around 5 in the morning with all these riders. That many! The official count was 50 motorcycles (so that's 50 riders, plus 7 backriders). 

I posted this photo on Instagram with caption:
Kelan ba bumibilis si Choco Banana?
1. May hinahabol na magandang motor
2. Peer Pressure :P
Otherwise, NEVER!
Choco banana is back! Kinalawang nga lang :)) #theyellowroadtrip


Because we were riding as a group, we have to make extra effort to keep the ride organized. See how obedient these riders were!
Slow down indeed!
Haha! Kidding! They purposedly stopped right there. Not sure why. Maybe they were waiting for the other half of the group? BTW, the group was split into half to better manage the ride. It's so hard to keep 50 riders in one line. hehehe

Our first stop was that line of stores in the hiway of Pillila, Rizal. Apparently, it's a usual resting point of travellers (particularly motorcycle riders).
Group shot on the road
We met Mr.Rain on our way. But we didn't stop! A real rider is not scared of drizzles! I brought my underwater camera so I was able to take this shot when everyone else kept their cams -
Coconut trees are swaying as we pass
It was still raining when we stopped by Calirana Lake for some group shots -

Of course, we should have couple shot -

After numerous stops, we reached Majayjay Falls by lunchtime. I know, I know we took our time. As I said, it was very difficult to travel in big groups. We have to make sure that everyone is still in line. Going back, we paid P20 per head for the entrance. Then another P20 for the parking. The group rented one nipa hut for P500 where we can put our gears.

I also learned that Taytay Falls and Majayjay Falls are the same. Well the group had a discussion about what the real name of the falls is. According to the caretakers, the falls' original name is Taytay Falls since it is located in Barangay Taytay in Majayjay, Laguna. But travellers call it Majayjay Falls because of its town name. Thus the confusion. Nowadays, it is more famous by the Majayjay Falls name.

Going back again, since we do not have tents to pitch and we have no plans to stay overnight, we ate our packed lunch before going down the falls. Then after changing into our swimming clothes, we started our 10-min walk down to the falls. It took us 15 minutes , maybe that 10 minutes are for locals. haha. Here's what greeted us -

It's still raining! 

The water is soooooo cold! As in literally, I almost backed out. haha. Look at them -
different faces of coldness
But since I'm already there, I can't chicken out. Here's my attempt to get near the falls. Disregard my friend's prank please.
Almost perfect picture if not for the sungay
 Everyone's cold, except for these peeps -
underwater cam-whoring
 We wouldn't waste the opportunity to have these epic group pictures -


That's only around 1/4 of the group. It's so hard to gather everyone by the falls since this particular area is so narrow. Anyway, I was very fortunate that some of our resident clowns were in our pack. See some of their funny pictures -
sexy vadehhh
Macho shot??


this is more accurate! haha
who says planking is obsolete na?
fellowship of the bokals
guess who's boobies!

To cap this post, let me share with you our fave couple shot -
the chubbies!
Since our wedding's theme was The Yellow Roadtrip, we will be compiling pictures from our roadtrips this year. Watch out for it. :)

Last shot of the infinity falls as we were leaving -

By the way, is there a falls that's not infinity? If there's one, where will the water fall? I guess there's none then. hehehe



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this post. Bf and I will go there this weekend, through our motorcycle as well. Hope it won't rain. =)

    www.marvellousmuch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...