Pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Well well Wellmanson!

Bilang inggiterang froglet ako, it is never a wonder that I was lured into making my own wedding cord. Gone were the days where couples were binded by a rope-like wedding cord. Apparently, brides nowadays chose to do it more creatively. Some preferred to adorn the simple white rope, while most modern brides chose to use crystals and beads. I guess i'm one of those modern brides. And as you may have noticed (if you read my entire blog), I am a frustrated artist. So I will not have the opportunity to customize my own wedding cord pass me by. So DIY wedding cord it is!

With all the learning I got from w@w, I braced myself for some dirty walking in Quaipo to find Wellmanson. I was told that this is the best place to buy all the beads and stuff. So after alighting LRT2 Recto Station, I walked down Evangelista Street all the way to Quaipo Church. The walk proved to be very challenging on a wet and muddy Saturday. After reaching the church, I instantly recalled April's instruction - 'Punta ka sa tapat ng quiapo church, tapos about face ka. Lakad ka sa kalye na yun at makikita mo na wellmanson sa right side'. Easy! Thanks April! :)

I entered the shop at 10:30am, just an hour after it opened. I must admit, I was impressed by the store. I wasn't expecting something as organized at that, specially that it is located in the very busy Quaipo. Salesladies in brown uniforms were all-over the place to assist you. I left the shop around 2 in the afternoon - more than 3 hours since I entered and hours past lunchtime. I was so engaged with all the fancy beading stuff I saw. I started designing bracelets and earrings in my mind already. I found it really hard to choose when everything's so cute! However, I was a bit disappointed that they do not have yellow crystal beads. Well, all I saw was either pale yellow or sepia brown-yellow. Not the lively yellow color I wanted. I saw my kind of yellow in the swarovski area, but the price was way beyond my budget. In the end, I still bought more than what I needed.

As soon as I got home, I immediately unpacked everything and put it in the bead organizer I bought.
Look at what I have accomplished so far (picture below). I know I'm slow! I'm still getting the hang of it. Masakit kaya sa kamay! BTW, this is for my bridesmaid. She is getting married on October (inunahan pa ako ng bakla haha).

I promise to post my finish product. Both for this one and mine's. And the tutorials too!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...