Pages

Friday, June 22, 2012

DIY: THe Holy Things

As mentioned in my previous post, I planned to do my own wedding cord. So after 5 days of twisting wires, I finished one! Hmmm it is not mine actually. I volunteered to do my friend's cord too. She had no idea that it can be customized. She only knew the white rope kind. So since I will be her MOH, i feel the need to give her something special. And this is my idea of special. Of course! I still feel the soreness of my hands two days after I rest it from all that hard-wire-twisting. haha it's not that I'm complaining! On the contrary, I totally enjoyed it. I learned a bunch of new tricks. Which I think made me more ready to do my own cord. Yey!

So guys, hold and behold - my first creation!
Blue and Yellow Cord for PAC!
It is not exactly the rosary kind as you can see from the sequence of the beads. I initially wanted a freestyle cord but in the end I want it to have a tail. hehehe. And it doesn't have the initials yet - need to find cute letters.

Oh BTW, I told you that I had a hard time finding the yellow beads I want right? Well I found a pale one. I used it on Pac's cord (see picture above). But I found it too weak. So I browsed through some other stores in Villalobos and I found another yellow. Much better than the pale one. I made a rosary to see if it'll work. Let me know what you think. Here it is -
our rosary
I will be doing my own wedding cord next week. I just need to restock on some items.
Will sure be updating you guys with it. And a tutorial maybe! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...