Pages

Thursday, June 21, 2012

My Kind of House

I always wanted a white house.

I want high ceiling. To make the room look huge and airy. I want a portion of the ground floor to be seen from the second floor. That makes it easier to see everything.
I want black and white or subtle-colored furnitures. And a bit of colors for accent. But not the ones that hurt the eye. Something like dark red, burnt orange, navy blue or golden yellow. 
I want a big kitchen. With a spacious counter like that of the cooking shows. I want a well-lit dining hall. A sliding door where the sun can peek perhaps?
I want a versatile bathroom. A closed-portion for the shower to keep everything else dry. So that I can sit on the throne while I read the morning paper.
I want an entertainment room with acoustics. For my dose of in-your-home movie marathon. Or a full-blast SIMS3. Or just a quiet time with all my books and crafts.
I want a soft king bed for my bedroom. With curtains that are dark enough to filter the harsh sunlight or light enough to let the sun shine through. A double-padded curtains maybe? I want a full-length mirror also. And a walk-in closet.
I want an over-looking top-floor. Where I can watch the kids play at dawn. Or where I can lift up my kite. Or just watch the retiring sun.
I want a bit of green in my front porch. Where I can grow flowers and spices. Remind me to put my cute dogs' house away from it.
I want an ample parking slot. For all my cars!
I want it white and simple. And someday it will be mine..

Ahhhh the dream. Until now, it is still my dream. I'm a bit closer to the day that I need to make this a reality. But in terms of the resources, I guess I'm still as far as before. That's why it stunned me to see my dream in someone else's facebook wall. Just this afternoon, I saw my dream house photo tagged to a friend. I stared at the picture for minutes thinking how could it happen? How the hell did he manage to read my heart's desire? Slowly, my senses got into me. I realized that maybe it was something everyone wants. Maybe my dream house is that common? Everyone share the same dream I have!

Given that realization, I guess it's ok to share it with you guys. So behold my dream house.
Design 1
grabbed from Ruel Vinarao
See that? That is my minimalist home. Everything is exactly how I want it. Well, maybe I'll just replace the window in the dining hall with sliding doors.

Another option! This one has a lot more rooms. And apparently, more stairs. A bit crowded if you ask me, but still my kind of house.
Design 2
grabbed from Ruel Vinarao
BTW, the designs were grabbed from Ruel Vinarao's facebook page. I don't really know him, but I totally love his works! I should thank Chris Gatan for the connection. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...