Pages

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Bangon Pilipinas

My birthday last weekend was made more memorable by the recent typhoon that hit the Philippines. When I say hit, it did hit hard. They said it's the strongest typhoon that ever hit the earth. Too bad for my home land. These past few days, we're seeing devastating pictures of the calamity, specially from the province of Leyte. I was really worried because I know 2 of my friends lived there (or at least their families are there at the time of the typhoon). For 3 days we were in the darkness because they weren't able to contact their families. Communication means were down. Yesterday, news started coming in after a satellite was set in the area. The pictures were really heartbreaking. 

But on the brigther note, my friends' families in Tacloban were found. Thank you Lord! This is a great reason to celebrate and sing - A thrill of hope, a weary world rejoices, for yonder breaks a new and glorious morn! ♪♩♬ 

There are still others (more!) who need help. But material things are not enough. Sana kahit papaano nashare ko ang positivity ng aming tahanan sa ibang mas nangangailangan ng pag-asa. Bangon Pilipinas!

Sending my hope and prayers, 
Yosh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...