Pages

Monday, July 1, 2013

Hubby's 1st birthday with me

It's FUN!

...Oh well at least from my point of view. I'm not sure if D enjoyed it as well. You see, he sort of like had other plans which never happened because of Typhoon Gorio.

Anyway, his birthday started as early as the start of June. I've been treating him to some stuff like movies and eat out. But if I may narrate one of those that made impact, I would say it will be his birthday gift. The kid has a wish list! Oh well, I actually preferred it. That way I can get him something he actually likes. Wanna see his list?
At first, I thought 'Oh good, I can get him the Shoe Cover'. Very cheap diba? But then when we were to buy his gift, he said if I choose the Shoe Cover I should get the Slippers also. It's bundled daw! Wow! Haha! I ended up getting the bundled ones anyway. It's still cheaper than the other two. 

By Friday last week, his mother sent him a text message that she and D's sister's family will eat lunch at our house on Sunday (D's actual birthday). There goes the problem because we were planning to head to the beach that day. Since the plan has been settled weeks before, I suggested we invite them over for dinner on Saturday night so we can proceed with our plans for Sunday without hurting anyone's feelings. It's also a good opportunity to celebrate his special day with friends. 

Despite the rain, our party on Saturday night still happened. His family brought some food while I also cooked some. 


Not on the picture - I baked him a chocolate cake also!


His family went home at around 11 in the evening. By 11:30, no one from his rider friends were showing any signs that they are coming. I'm starting to feel angry thinking all the effort I did to cook all the food. But I cannot blame them, Gorio was really giving too much rain. 

I just opened some drinks we have in our ref. Buti na lang!

But before we finish the bottle, there came our first non-family visitors!
Stock and Bebe
Horror movies on HBO kept us until 1:30am when Royden came.

We're not totally 'indyan-ed' after all. But there were still a lot of food. I stocked it all up in the fridge hoping that maybe the other visitors can come in tomorrow. By 3 in the morning, the guys left already. By that time, I'm pretty sure that our trip to the beach will be canceled. The rain has not stopped during the night. Ohh goodbye my Stilts Calatagan dream. Even our backup plan to just go to Club Manila East if the party will go all the way until morning and we weren't able to prepare for the long ride smells impossible. 

True enough, we woke up to a rainy 9 am morning. We were undecided if we should pursue going to Vikings (which offers Free Buffet to birthday celebrants) because we still have a lot of food in the fridge. We just decided to watch Monster University at Eastwood Mall. Upon reaching the mall, we backed out of the plan. The line in the movie house was insanely long! And all the seats for the next screening hour was full. Ohh crap! In the end, D just opt to have a haircut. Which, by the way, I super hate! I do not like what his stylist did to his hair. After that, we head straight to MySpa for a whole body massage. 

By 5pm, we were already home reheating the food for his 2nd birthday party. The rain has somewhat stopped already so I'm betting the party this time will commence. 
The almost complete breakaways! (Not in the picture - Stock)
So many things happened! The group consumed 4 long-neck bottles of hard liquor. Bangenge mode on! The girls made scenes also - the usual drunk and noisy Gomi; and the usual drunk and crying Jen. Gomi also managed to break a glass, and Jen broke our toothbrush stand in the bathroom. Our bean bag was slashed open (which Jen and I sewed together). The next-door neighboor shush our visitors for being noisy. 

But inspite all these, I'm sure everyone enjoyed. Including our friend Leo which I hope realizes that he still have us even if everyone is against him. And most specially, even if he doesn't show it, I'm sure D enjoyed his birthday too. 

Ikaw ang katuparan dito sa aking daigdig ♪♩♬ 

Happy happy birthday miel! Love love love! 
 — with Darnz Logus.


Happy with the first of our many birthdays to come,
Yosh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...