Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Church Hunting

I learned from w@w that the first things to prioritize on wedding preparation are Church and Venue.
So of we go to finding my dream church!
But this one is hard. As in.

1. Christ the King Church in the Sky
Definitely we will not do it on my home church! I can't take the risk of being mobbed by my whole clan. Not that i dont want them in my special event. But financially we are not really capable of catering all of them.
PROs:
If not for that reason, I would really love to be wed here. The fresh air, the breath-taking view.. I would vouch for it.
CONs:
Very steep road to the church, almost 45% inclination. Waaa
VERDICT: NO! NO! NO!

2. Santisimo Rosario Parish Church (UST Church)
This was where D graduated. Of course he likes to be married there. Well, It favors us because they give discounts for alumni.
I've been to this church once. But I dont like it. It is too 'sad' for me. It's too dark. I was not wowed by the altar. Maybe because it is old?
But we considered the monetary value of the church and how much this will cut our expenses. This is indeed a penny-saver. 13k php for an aircon church? wow!
But, they told us that they do not accept reservation for 2012 until September 2011. What a waste of time. :(
PROs:
Cheap for an aircon church. And D will be happy.
CONs:
Not so lively ambiance. Late opening for reservation
VERDICT: Will reconsider. Check for other churches first.

3. Don Bosco Church
Another airconditioned church in Makati. I liked the way it registered to the wedding pictures I browsed online.
PROs: cute altar, nice circular church, cool aircon, ambient parking space
CONs: not-so-dramatic entrance because of the glass doors
VERDICT: Maybe

4. Sanctuario de San Antonio
My Gawdddd! It is perfect! My very much coveted high-ceiling, wooden doors for dramatic entrance, loft for the aerial shots. wow! this is it!
PROs: This church got all my criteria. plus it has ample parking space.
CONs: this will surely cut much of our budget. Expensive compared to the other aircon churches - 25k for the use of the church only. aww
VERDICT: I will push it! hehe

Obviously, you know which church I chose. I'll talk to D, knowing him he'll give in. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...